Tuition and Application THE APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS PASSED. PLEASE CONTACT THE DIRECTOR ABOUT APPLYING LATE
Tuition for At First Sight is $360, both advanced and intermediate.
Tuition for InSight is $280.
Tuition covers all workshop expenses and includes two meals (the Ice-Breaker Picnic and Thursday lunch). Student housing and all other meals are the responsibility of each family.
A Chamber Music Sight-Reading Workshop
Housing and Meals
Housing: Most students choose to stay in Southern's Conference Center where rooms are available at a reasonable rate. There are also apartments available on campus, each with two (or three) bedrooms and four (or five) single beds, kitchen facilities and washers and dryers. These are nice for families or for those who would like to share an apartment and split the cost. For exact pricing and reservations call (423)236-7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conference center is part of the women's dormitory and is a safe and pleasant facility, however, AFS students will not be supervised there by the AFS staff. All students age 16 and under must have a responsible adult chaperone with them whenever they are in the residence hall.
Some families will prefer to stay in one of the many motels in the area. These can be found along I-75 at Exits 5, 7, and 11. For a partial listing, links, and phone numbers, see the Accommodations Page on the Chamber Music Weekend site.
Meals: Lunch breaks are a great time to get to know the other students and staff. A lunch plan is available through AFS ($8.00 per lunch). Sack lunches are always appropriate, and there is time to visit nearby establishments for food. Thursday lunch is provided for participants.
Except for the "Ice Breaker Picnic" (Monday), suppers are not provided. Restaurants and fast food eateries are available in nearby Ooltewah and at Four Corners. The Hamilton Place shopping area along I-75 has a wide range of restaurants, but traffic can be a problem.
Southern's Cafeteria is open only for lunch time. The Village Market Deli offers quick vegetarian lunch options within walking distance of the music department. Because Southern Adventist University reflects the health-conscious attitudes of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, meals served on campus are vegetarian. Caffeine drinks and coffee are not generally available.
1. For each student, submit by April 29, 2019:
2. Forms may be submitted by mail or scanned and emailed. Mail to: AT FIRST SIGHT, P.O. Box 498, Collegedale, TN 37315; or email to Ellen@CreativeTenacity.com. Application will not be considered complete until the deposit check has been received.
3. You will be notified of acceptance, denial or waiting list by May 6, 2019. Acceptance packets will include workshop information, permission/release forms to sign, an observer registration form, and a bill for the balance of the tuition.
4. Return the signed forms, tuition check and observer registrations by May 24, 2019. Outstanding balances after May 24 will be assessed a $25 late fee. Late applicants contact the AFS director.
5. All registered participants must commit to attend AFS/InSight for the entire four days of the workshop. If you have conflicting obligations on any of the workshop days, please plan to attend AFS/InSight another year.
You will need the free Acrobat Reader software to download and print the application forms.
If you do not have Reader, you may download it at this link:
CONTACT US • AT FIRST SIGHT, P. O. Box 498, Collegedale, TN 37315 • Phone: 970-324-0837